× Members

Esa

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #136196 by michael buckley
Esa was created by michael buckley
Hi
I have been on ESA support group since May 2010 I have not had any forms to fill in or medicals to attend in 5 years do you know of anyone else in this position Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #136210 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa
Hi Mick,

The maximum time before reassessment is supposed to be 3 years but the system has been totally backlogged due to the amount of cases and reassessments have been suspended.

The claimant does not have to do anything until contacted by DWP, payments will continue until a new decision is made. The only problem would be if a claimant has been sent reassessment forms that did not arrive, the first the claimant would know would be when the ESA fails to be paid. Many members like to contact DWP and ask when to expect reassessment to be on the safe side.

I think 5 years is the longest I have heard but members are welcome to comment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael buckley

More
8 years 11 months ago #136218 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic Esa
I went 4 years after initial transfer to WRAG ESA and 1st review.

My moto: don't trouble trouble, til trouble troubles you.

More
8 years 11 months ago #136219 by SusanH
Replied by SusanH on topic Esa
P/S Even then it was 13 months between sending in ESA50 and WCA. So, in a way 5 years there too.

More
8 years 11 months ago #136222 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic Esa
I am glad you asked this Mick.

My OH has been i receipt of ESA SG since December 2009. At the time , i was shocked there was no fight to be had. he had a HCP home visit, 5 whole minutes and letter next day.
His condition was life threatening at the time. he has not improved since then, and the prognosis is not good. He has not been contacted at time.

I was working at the time , then redundant, then on carers allowance and then back to work, then caring again, then finally 2 years ago i was dx and now claimed and get ESA .

Therefore , I have been in constant contact regarding my claim, my change of circs , him on ESA IR , then off IR and on CB , and i am assumed all this contact and changes will prompt a re assessment...but not yet .

any one who says its "easy on benefits" has not clearly not been sick and had to deal with all the officaldom and stress it causes..and now for the next 5 years...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jellybean

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris