× Members

Disability premiums

• lesley
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 10 months ago #136234 by lesley
Disability premiums was created by lesley
A relative of mine receives the lower rate of Attendance Allowance. Is my relative eligible to receive a disability premium or severe disability premium with the lower rate of Attendance Allowance? My relative claims that she does not receive one.
I ask because I get Disability Living Allowance and I know that I do receive it added on to the weekly pension credit guarantee payment. Have searched on all the different benefit sites and cannot find an answer that makes sense to me anywhere. Would be grateful for some help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136243 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability premiums

lesley wrote: A relative of mine receives the lower rate of Attendance Allowance. Is my relative eligible to receive a disability premium or severe disability premium with the lower rate of Attendance Allowance? My relative claims that she does not receive one.
I ask because I get Disability Living Allowance and I know that I do receive it added on to the weekly pension credit guarantee payment. Have searched on all the different benefit sites and cannot find an answer that makes sense to me anywhere. Would be grateful for some help

In principle they would be eligible for the Severe Disability Premium subject to them living alone and no one receiving Carers Allowance for them, however, payment will only be made if they are also receiving Pension Credit, which will be subject to their personal circumstances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• lesley
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 10 months ago #136309 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic Disability premiums
Dear Gordon, yes, she is receiving pension credit, thank you very much indeed for this useful information. Great stuff :) Don't post much on here, finally took the plunge and made a query, after searching and searching on my own, unsuccessfully. Hey presto, a cohesive response almost immediately. Magic!

• lesley
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
8 years 10 months ago #136563 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic Disability premiums
Afterthought: Since speaking to my relative, I realised why she had not been receiving the Severe Disability Premium with her Attendance Allowance. She was not living alone. The lodgers have moved out recently and she is now living alone, but she did not know that he needed to inform DWP of the change.
I have suggested that she lets DWP know of the change. Hope that I informed her correctly. Many thanks again for the advice on this site.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.