× Members

ESA as a student?

More
8 years 10 months ago #136307 by annie-rose
ESA as a student? was created by annie-rose
Hello,

I have been claiming ESA since October 2013 and I'm still on the assessment rate as I have not been sent an ESA-50 form and I'm terrified of the medical assessment.

I have been on a leave of absence from University for several years and have applied for maintenance loan, a grant and tuition fee loan in the hope that I will be able to return this September (it is my final chance to return before I am automatically withdrawn).

I was just wondering if anyone could let me know if returning to my studies will affect my assessment rate ESA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA as a student?
Ellie

From your previous posts you are receiving Income Related ESA I would expect at least some of the monies that you receive in regard your studies to be deducted from your ESA, have a look at the following factsheet for more details.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/how-we-can-he...d-questions-students

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136351 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA as a student?
Hi Ellie,

Do you also receive DLA or PIP?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137827 by annie-rose
Replied by annie-rose on topic ESA as a student?
Thanks so much Gordon! How embarrassing- I forgot I'd even written this!!!

Hi Mrs Hurtyback, yes PIP care element.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.