× Members

ESA Harassment

More
8 years 9 months ago #137412 by susanalicebarry
Replied by susanalicebarry on topic ESA Harassment
Hi Gordon

Due to my severe mental and physical health I have refused to attend the local dwp office and also cancelled a home visit. I did ring them and tell them that my mental health was not up to any more questions especially information I have previously given them. My circumstances have not changed so I believe it is a needless visit and that the whole situation was making my conditions much worse. I was quite upset on the phone with the Benefits team, they guy who rang me back was taken aback the way I spoke to him. I told him to sort my money out as I cannot afford to wait until christmas due to their backlog and have just had to go bankrupt. I was expecting not to receive my £177.00 fortnightly payment but I did receive it on friday, not sure what's going on as not had a call or a letter? Further to this my father is dying of an aggressive form of terminal lung cancer and he lives quite far away from me, I am not coping at all, my mental health is deteriorating even more. I went to see my doctor and he has given me extra tablets to deal with my anxiety on top of the highest dose of sertreline I am currently on. Feeling bullying, scared, harassed and unable to take any more stress.

I did send an email to my local MP to the Parliament email address for him and not heard a word and that was two weeks ago. Mark Harper, you should be ashamed of yourself!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137447 by susanalicebarry
They haven't stopped my money yet as money went in fine last Friday, nor have I received a letter, I have written to my MP but heard nothing yet so emailed him again yesterday. Wondering what is going on?

More
8 years 9 months ago #137454 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Harassment

Suzi wrote: They haven't stopped my money yet as money went in fine last Friday, nor have I received a letter, I have written to my MP but heard nothing yet so emailed him again yesterday. Wondering what is going on?

ESA is paid two weeks in arrears so even if they had suspended payment it would only apply to your next payment.

I'm afraid from previous experience If similar matters on the forum, the simplest and quickest way to resolve this situation is to comply with the request for a home visit, I know that you believe that you have supplied all of the necessary documentation and that when you claimed IS it was accepted that you were not living as a couple, but the DWP will be taking the view that that was then and this is now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: susanalicebarry

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138154 by susanalicebarry
Thank you for your advice. Things seem to have moved forward slightly. I contacted my MP and a member of his team contacted ESA. I received the following correspondence, ESA admitted that I had previously been interviewed by Income Support in regard to my living arrangements and Income. They will no longer be sending a Compliance Officer to visit me and my money has not been suspended due to my refusal to letting them visit, so this is good. Any further information would be requested by post. So I was correct all along, I was being harassed, stick to your guns people, do not let them bully you. If you have already provided them with the information in the first place then they shouldn't be allowed to dismiss what you have told them and also dismiss any previous interview notes and tapes in regard to your circumstances. My claim is apparently being fast tracked now and I have this in writing.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #138161 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Harassment

Suzi wrote: Thank you for your advice. Things seem to have moved forward slightly. I contacted my MP and a member of his team contacted ESA. I received the following correspondence, ESA admitted that I had previously been interviewed by Income Support in regard to my living arrangements and Income. They will no longer be sending a Compliance Officer to visit me and my money has not been suspended due to my refusal to letting them visit, so this is good. Any further information would be requested by post. So I was correct all along, I was being harassed, stick to your guns people, do not let them bully you. If you have already provided them with the information in the first place then they shouldn't be allowed to dismiss what you have told them and also dismiss any previous interview notes and tapes in regard to your circumstances. My claim is apparently being fast tracked now and I have this in writing.

Great News S !!!,

Well Done !!! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.