× Members

ESA support group witdrawn

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136486 by seanmac
ESA support group witdrawn was created by seanmac
Hello everyone, 5 months ago,i recieved a letter from the ESA, to ask me to provide information on money i recieved in 2012, i wrote them a letter explaining about this money and were it went, and heard know more from them until today, when my benefits was cut in half, i phoned them to ask what was happening,to be told that because i never gave them the information they required my benefits have been cut dating back to 2012, i informed them that i still have a copy of the letter i sent them, which they say they never recieved, so i went to the local social security office, which is 15 miles away, and got them to scan and send the copy of the letter to them ESA, I am at my wits end with worry now, and really dont know what to do , has this happened to anyone else ,and can someone advise me on what to do .

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136496 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group witdrawn
Sean

We can only give limited advice with no sight of the letters or paperwork so I would recommend that you get face to face advice if you can, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

You don't say what type of ESA you receive and what the money you received in 2012 was. Income Related ESA is affected by both income and savings and assets, Contribution Based ESA can be affected by any pension income.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136497 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic ESA support group witdrawn
The same thing happened to me. I sent a letter giving details of occupational Ill Health pension back in 1997 when i started to receive it. In 2012 i was contacted by the DWP to be told that I had been overpaid because of the occupational pension in the sum of £6,900. I appealed as I had sent the letter and still had it on an old computer which I no longer use. I set the computer back up. retrieved a copy with the date that it was created from my computer system but they still wouldnt accept it. They are taking the repayment back from my esa at the rate of approx £170.00 a month

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136505 by seanmac
Replied by seanmac on topic ESA support group witdrawn
hi, Thanks for your reply, i am in the support group of ESA, I recieved £20k in 2012, but most of this money was owed to other persons .so it was not that i did not declare it, as i never really had the money to start with, they have i am only after finding out moved me to the Contribution Based ESA dating back to 2012, i do want to explain to them were the money went, that was in the letter i sent,which they say they never recieved, i am honest and would love to tell them everything, but they have not givin me that chance

More
8 years 10 months ago #136507 by gillyk59
Replied by gillyk59 on topic ESA support group witdrawn
That should have said 2007 not 1997 by the way. My apologies

More
8 years 10 months ago #136508 by seanmac
Replied by seanmac on topic ESA support group witdrawn
That is so wrong , what they are able to do that, even the lady in the DHSS office said to me that they ESA do what they want, you should have appealed it, as thats what i am going to do.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.