× Members

PIP Decision Notice

• Nadine Digby
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136532 by Nadine Digby
PIP Decision Notice was created by Nadine Digby
My Husbands tribunal was on Tuesday, I wrote explaining we couldn't attend as his mental and physical health wouldn't take it. So many knock backs and doubting his honesty. Well today we had the letter telling us we won the tribunal. They will backdate from march this year... Now we are over the moon with this. But we actually applied in June 2014, after months of waiting we had the mandatory appeal, then the other appeal, and now the tribunal. Do we leave it there, or are we entitled to ask to be backdated to when we first applied. We were on lower daily living and higher mobility. They gave us enhanced daily living but took his enhanced mobility away, but we have now been awarded enhanced in both.
Really want to thank you as I put a lot of your information into the correspondence with them.
regards, Nadine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision Notice
ND

Welcome to the forum

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You should be entitled to back payments from the date of the Decision that you appealed, any benefit that you have already received during this time will be deducted.

It is not impossible that the Decision Notice has been written in error, you should contact the Clerk of the Court where you had the Tribunal and explain the problem.

You say that you had the "mandatory appeal then the other appeal", what do you mean by "other appeal"?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Nadine Digby
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136549 by Nadine Digby
Replied by Nadine Digby on topic PIP Decision Notice
We appealed the mandatory appeal

More
8 years 10 months ago #136552 by Gordon

Nay wrote: We appealed the mandatory appeal

I'm sorry but I am still confused :(

You appear to have had an MR, an appeal and then another appeal!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Nadine Digby
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136555 by Nadine Digby
Replied by Nadine Digby on topic PIP Decision Notice
We had MR, we appealed against that decision, I think you are correct, next step was tribunal... Just so much paperwork back and forth got me confused.

Before the PIP it was the DLA and we had to appeal that decision as well.

It seams we are always fighting for what we need.

Sorry got confused myself.
Nay

More
8 years 10 months ago #136556 by Gordon

Nay wrote: We had MR, we appealed against that decision, I think you are correct, next step was tribunal... Just so much paperwork back and forth got me confused.

Before the PIP it was the DLA and we had to appeal that decision as well.

It seams we are always fighting for what we need.

Sorry got confused myself.
Nay

An MR is different from an appeal or a tribunal.

An appeal and a tribunal are normally the same thing.

It's important because any previous Decision by a Tribunal would be expected to limit any back payments.

Do you mean that you had an MR, then you appealed and had a Tribunal as a result of that appeal?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.