× Members

First-Tier Tribunal

More
8 years 10 months ago #136554 by Dink
First-Tier Tribunal was created by Dink
Social Entitlement Chamber - Registrar,s Direction Notice.

I have an appeal on going for pip and I got a strange notice from the Tribunal saying that the DWP has failed to respond to the appeal within 28 days.

The Tribunal Makes 3 directions to go.

1. DWP has a further 21 days to provide a response to the appeal.

2. If DWP do not respond in the 21 days clerk is to list a oral hearing with the presenting officer to attend the hearing.

3. If a response is received in the 21 days the appeal to be listed in the normal manner.

Now the small print at the bottom of my letter ?..

The party to who this decision may within 14 days of the date of issue apply in writing to the Tribunal for the decision to be considered afresh by the judge.

I would like to find out what if there any are the benefits to asking the case to be looked at afresh that is if the DWP is late with there response 14 days from now.

All the best to everyone
Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136597 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic First-Tier Tribunal
Dink

The Direction has been issued to the DWP, they have not provided their appeal papers to the Tribunal Service and the Judge is giving them a further 21 days to do so, if they do not then your appeal will go to a hearing without their input.

You have received details of this because both parties, you and the DWP, receive all communications.

As you are not the target of the Direction you do not have the right to ask for the Decision to be looked at afresh.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.