× Members

PIP appeal - time extended for appeal response??

More
8 years 10 months ago #136566 by pigletpip
Hi, sorry I'm new here. Going through a PIP appeal for transition from DLA to PIP (under awarded and lies in the Consultation Report Form: including my wheelchair was for selfpropelling (never in a million years can it be self propelled due to its design plus my abilities!)). Today recieved a letter that an extension to the time for the production of the appeal response has been granted, which enclosed a directions notice.

I can't quite understand the lingo on the directions notice other than really DWP have an extra 21 days to do a response. Is this a positive or negative sign? Why will they need extra time?

Also, at the bottom it says... The party to whom this decision is issued, may, within 14 days of the date of issue, apply in writing to the Tribunal for the decsion to be considered afresh by a judge, under rule 4(3) of the Tribunal Procedure (First-tier Tribunal) (Soical Entitlement Chamber) Rules 2008 Who is "the party to whom this decision is issued" referring to, as it is respondent and appellant who DWP and myself have been referred to, just little confused.

Never been through an appeal before so all new to it and can't seem to find explanation of these online.

Also bit amusing I'm told on this that any new evidence must be sent no later than 21 days before the hearing date...well I requested they give no less than 14 days notice of date so knowing when the hearing date is might not be 21 days in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136600 by Gordon
pigletpip

See my answer to a similar question on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=104564

You should have your evidence with the Tribunal Service no later than 7 days before your hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.