× Members

Deadline re PIP II Form

More
8 years 10 months ago #136589 by Kat10
Deadline re PIP II Form was created by Kat10
Hi - I've just received my PIP11 form. It is dated 9 June but It only arrived today and the deadline is 9 July for receipt.. I'm going to struggle to get it back in time with the necessary supporting evidence. The guidance note does provide a number to call in cases where the deadline might be missed. It would be very helpful to know what their response is likely to be. Are they likely to grant an extension, and if so, for how long? Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136606 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Deadline re PIP II Form

Kat10 wrote: Hi - I've just received my PIP11 form. It is dated 9 June but It only arrived today and the deadline is 9 July for receipt.. I'm going to struggle to get it back in time with the necessary supporting evidence. The guidance note does provide a number to call in cases where the deadline might be missed. It would be very helpful to know what their response is likely to be. Are they likely to grant an extension, and if so, for how long? Many thanks

It's impossible to say how the DWP will react to a request for extension, from what we have seen on the forum the majority of requests have resulted in the maximum two week extension being given, but we have seen a number refused, in which case you need to return the form by the required date and then send in any further information later.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kat10

More
8 years 10 months ago #136763 by Kat10
Replied by Kat10 on topic Deadline re PIP II Form
Thank you Gordon for your helpful advice. I have completed the PIP II form apart from providing supporting evidence.

My GP has refused to help as I have just moved to a different surgery and my records have not been transferred. When I was previously approved DLA indefinitely, I had supporting evidence however as my condition is chronic and stable I am no longer under anyone and therefore have no new evidence to provide. Do other people in my position rely on old evidence or should i try to see someone privately which would be solely to obtain supporting evidence?

I have requested that DWP look at my original DLA claim and evidence and I am hopeful that they will take this into account.

Thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.