× Members

Gov guide to DLA to PIP transition

• bubbles
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136595 by bubbles
Gov guide to DLA to PIP transition was created by bubbles
Hi All.

I was under the impression that the current postcodes that are transferring DLA recipients to PIP are not writing to people with indefinite awards. the Gov documents state that people who reach 16, people who have notified them of a change in condition and people with a end date within 20 weeks of 12th October 2015 in postcode area BS would be contacted after 28th may 2015.
I am in postcode BS and have an indefinite award and do not fit in the above criteria, however, I was written to, letter dated 29th May, inviting me to claim PIP before 26th June and if I did not then my DLA will be suspended. I intend to challenge this in view of the fact that I do not fit the category as I have an indefinite award.

so a couple of questions really. Firstly, has anyone else been in this situation and if so what happened and secondly, any helpful advice for challenging this successfully please?

Any help and advice would be gratefully received. I am starting tomorrow by contacting DLA to confirm that my award for DLA is still indefinite and what help hey can give me, ie if they can tell me why my letter has been triggered already.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136596 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Gov guide to DLA to PIP transition
Bubbles

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but it not a challengeable Decision.

The separation of indefinite awards from fixed, etc. awards is purely procedural, it is not defined in law, so the DWP cannot be held to it, further the PIP legislation allows the DWP to "invite" a DLA claimant to claim PIP at any time and for any reason.

Once a PIP transfer has been initiated you cannot retain your DLA award and need to make a new claim for PIP within the timescales indicated on the accompanying letter.

It is likely that you have been selected under the Right Payments Programme

The Right Payment Programme

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.