× Members

ESA Assessment

• Digger
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136651 by Digger
ESA Assessment was created by Digger
Hi all, I had an ESA assessment last week which turned out to be a waste of time. They had all
my details medical reports etc, so I am ushered in to see the nurse to be told she cannot assess me because part of my condition involves blurred vision. I will have to wait and see a Doctor some time later in the year. I explained politely that a consultant had diagnosed me and I had
just been assessed for PIP, which I had qualified but to no avail, what is it with these people? Surely if you pass the PIP assessment that would be good enough? to save going through it all again. To top it all I have had a form from the Integrity Centre Ilford BIC ESA today which included a form claiming I have worked recently, don't know where that one came from as I have mobility problems as well and have not work since last autumn.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136656 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA Assessment
Hi digger,

The problem is that the descriptors for PIP and ESA are very different so assessment for one does not mean that the other is automatically awarded. Don't forget that claimants can be getting high rate PIP but still be holding down a full-time job!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.