× Members

PA4 Medical Report

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136729 by MarieMarie
PA4 Medical Report was created by MarieMarie
HI Just about to appeal aganst a PIP decision and wish to obtain the medical report put together by the assessor along with copies of my initial claim application etc do I obtain this from the DWP or Capita who did the assemene?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136731 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PA4 Medical Report

MarieMarie wrote: HI Just about to appeal aganst a PIP decision and wish to obtain the medical report put together by the assessor along with copies of my initial claim application etc do I obtain this from the DWP or Capita who did the assemene?

Hi MM,

You would obtain The PIP Assessment Report and any other associated documentation from The DWP.

Once ATOS/Capita have carried out the PIP Assessment your whole file is returned to the DWP.

You could ring the PIP Helpline to make an oral request :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322

Textphone: 0345 601 6677

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

You can back this up with a written request using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the address of the Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent DWP PIP letter.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

Don't miss your one month deadline to request an MR or submit an appeal if they haven't arrived.

PIP MR/Appeals Guidance.

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and Mandatory Reconsiderations.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.