× Members

Support group

• Ishbel
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago #136743 by Ishbel
Support group was created by Ishbel
A couple of people I know who are in the Support Group for ESA have been pressurised to spend time with an Occupational Therapist to 'update their skills'. One has mental health problems and the other has physical disabilities. They were simply told by the services they were accessing that they would be seeing an OT and appear to have been given no choice. Does anyone know if these service providers can insist that my friends see these OTs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136751 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support group

Ishbel wrote: A couple of people I know who are in the Support Group for ESA have been pressurised to spend time with an Occupational Therapist to 'update their skills'. One has mental health problems and the other has physical disabilities. They were simply told by the services they were accessing that they would be seeing an OT and appear to have been given no choice. Does anyone know if these service providers can insist that my friends see these OTs?

It's not entirely clear from your post who has "pressured" these people?

If it was the DWP then as they are in the Support Group then cannot be required to attend Work Focussed Interviews, to perform Work Related Activity, to seek or take work or to undertake any therapy.

If it was not the DWP then their SG status would not be relevant and it they would need to speak to those providing them with support to understand why the requests are being made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ishbel

More
8 years 10 months ago #136792 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic Support group
You may want to show them this story from yesterday's DM

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3135070...ttend-interview.html

There is a statement from DWP that this sort of thing is just voluntary.

I am sure the requests have been made in error ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ishbel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.