× Members

pension credit

• Tommy Miner
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136755 by Tommy Miner
pension credit was created by Tommy Miner
what is the position for claiming pension credit if only one member of a couple is eligible to claim pension credit on the grounds of age i am a male aged 63 and entitled to claim pension credit for both myself and my wife who is 61 years old and under pension credit qualifying age at present i can claim pension credit for both of us but my local jobcentre is rolling out partially universal credit for single persons under age 25 at present from 29 june 2015 would this have any bearing on our claim for pension credit if i was to claim pension credit after that date considering new rules for claiming pension credit if universal benefits are introduced to the jobcentre been told by pension credit personel at present there is no date as yet to implemente it please advise what to do if anything to prevent having to claim pension credit under the universal credit rules of you will only be able to claim pension credit on the youngest couple age claimant and the claim to entitlement is substantially reduced in money terms thanks again tommy
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #136757 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic pension credit

Tommy Miner wrote: what is the position for claiming pension credit if only one member of a couple is eligible to claim pension credit on the grounds of age i am a male aged 63 and entitled to claim pension credit for both myself and my wife who is 61 years old and under pension credit qualifying age at present i can claim pension credit for both of us but my local jobcentre is rolling out partially universal credit for single persons under age 25 at present from 29 june 2015 would this have any bearing on our claim for pension credit if i was to claim pension credit after that date considering new rules for claiming pension credit if universal benefits are introduced to the jobcentre been told by pension credit personel at present there is no date as yet to implemente it please advise what to do if anything to prevent having to claim pension credit under the universal credit rules of you will only be able to claim pension credit on the youngest couple age claimant and the claim to entitlement is substantially reduced in money terms thanks again tommy

Hi TM,

This is your 3rd query regarding Pension Credit, see : Here & Here.

We do not advise on Pension Credit, but you can find further information : Here & Here.

You need to seek face to face advice, especially if you are contemplating taking your pension pot as suggested : Here.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.