× Members

waiting times

More
8 years 10 months ago #136770 by adrian67
waiting times was created by adrian67
just had a reply from Captia saying it will take up to 26 weeks before a decision is made they only allowed 2 weeks for me to complete the form. luckily i had all the evidence already from previous claims. my allowance runs out in October so that would give me no time to ask for it to be looked at again or appeal. so basically if they do not allow me to keep my high rate mobility i would lose my car until i appealed. how many months that would take i don't know have sent loads of evidence that i am restricted to walking less than 20 meters and pointed out to them that my evidence also predates any of the new distance laws recent copies and copy's dating back to 2008 when i first appealed and won. i just cant help thinking that they will knock me back i will lose my high rate mobility and then that will be my job gone as well as i us my car for work. will Post when i get any news.

Adie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136782 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic waiting times
Thanks for keeping us up to date, let's hope that you get a positive decision sooner than expected.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136848 by adrian67
Replied by adrian67 on topic waiting times
is it a bad sign when Catia want to do a face to face within 2 weeks of replying to your new claim, within 2 weeks of getting their confirmation letter. i have been on DLA since 2008 High Rate Mobility and low rate care. after winning my appeal. even back then i had evidence of having a walking distance of less than 20 meters and told them in my claim pack that all evidence Proved i have a S.C.I which caused significant pain instability and a short walking distance of less than 20 meters. when they confirmed my claim they said it would take up to 24 weeks from filling out Claim Pack to getting a decision. just seems a bit quick. :(
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136857 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic waiting times
Hi adrian,

The time taken to make a decision has no relation to the likely outcome, we have had both positive and negative results when the system has worked quickly, just as we have when it has been grindingly slow!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 7 months ago #141216 by adrian67
Replied by adrian67 on topic waiting times
Many thanks only just read reply

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris