× Members

Appeal

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136775 by Naz1974
Appeal was created by Naz1974
Hello

I have just received my appeal bundle for DLA
they are using the report from my medical assessment that was carried out in 2013- are they allowed to do that?
I have not been asked to attend a medical and I am unsure what to do now?

I was in a car crash in 2010 and since then have suffered with chronic mechanical back pain
on my first application I was awardee high mobility and medium care
on my second application I was awarded low care but was too ill to appeal
this is my third renewal and they have just awarded me with low care again
the consultant has said the only option is surgery I have a prolapsed disc (they are amazed ive mananged for so long) and arthritis/degeneration in the spine
I am currently on Transtec patches 70mg, pregablin 600mg , amitryptlyine 70mg , versatis patches and oromoph

Can someone please help me and tell me what I need to do next
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136791 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Appeal
Hi N,

You ask , 'are the DWP allowed to use as evidence from 2013?' and the simple answer is 'yes'. If the assessment is no longer accurate you must make this clear.

I refer you to your previous post and the advice you were given there as this is still valid

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=103546

this points you to our resources for DLA appeals.

Your job now is to provide a succinct appeal submission, outlining why and how you qualify for DLA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.