× Members

Retirement ade

More
8 years 10 months ago #136776 by carmind
Retirement ade was created by carmind
I have a female client who is in receipt of her state pension but is only 63 year old. Can she still claim ESA/PIP as the guidelines for both seem to say that the cut-off age is 65?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136778 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Retirement ade

carmind wrote: I have a female client who is in receipt of her state pension but is only 63 year old. Can she still claim ESA/PIP as the guidelines for both seem to say that the cut-off age is 65?

I've checked the Welfare Reform Act 2007 and the requirement is "not of pensionable age" so if your client is in receipt of the State Pension they can no longer claim ESA, have you looked at Pension Credit?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136779 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Retirement ade
You can't claim ESA and State pension but I think PIP is still claimable up to 65. After that you can claim Attendance Allowance.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.