× Members

Recoding assessments

More
8 years 10 months ago #136799 by Jazziesgirl
Recoding assessments was created by Jazziesgirl
I have just been informed that I can only record the assessment if I provide 2 forms of simultaneous recording, and that they can only be either a tape recorder or a CD recorder, not a digital recorder.One of the recordings then has to be left with the assessor. Is this true?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recoding assessments

Jazziesgirl wrote: I have just been informed that I can only record the assessment if I provide 2 forms of simultaneous recording, and that they can only be either a tape recorder or a CD recorder, not a digital recorder.One of the recordings then has to be left with the assessor. Is this true?

If you want to make an authorised recording then yes, this is the requirement.

You can covertly record the assessment but you need to be aware that should the assessor realise that you are doing this they will ask you to stop and make stop the assessment and mark you as failing to participate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #136801 by Jazziesgirl
Replied by Jazziesgirl on topic Recoding assessments
Thank you for the information. Do I have to tell them in advance that I am going to do this (if I can find 2 recording devices) or can I just tell them on the day?

More
8 years 10 months ago #136802 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recoding assessments

Jazziesgirl wrote: Thank you for the information. Do I have to tell them in advance that I am going to do this (if I can find 2 recording devices) or can I just tell them on the day?

You need to tell them in advance as the assessor also has to give their permission, although this should not be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jazziesgirl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.