× Members

WCA update

More
8 years 10 months ago #136810 by tmato2001
WCA update was created by tmato2001
Tommy wrote:
Hi everyone at B&W

This morning I have finally received the call for my assessment which will be in the third week of June 2015. This is my third assessment as my earlier WCAs were failed because of lies and non recording of my verbal evidence as how my illness affected my daily life.

Plus the fact that until subscribing to your fantastic website after my 2nd failure, I have learned much by reading what the HCPs look for and how they read you! This time I will be taking someone with me as recommended by you.

Two questions I have for the moderators please,

1). Will I have time to still request an audio recording, and do you have a format/template of how this request should be applied for, I.e. written or over the phone?, and to whom should the request be sent/called too, the DWP who pay my benefits or the address on the assessment appointment letter which was sent from Wembley?

2). My first WCA was in Jan 2012, my second WCA was in March 2013. Can I still request to my benefit paying offices, copies of the ESA85 reports from those WCAs? What should I do if they tell me 'no copies are available'? I need them for my associate to read so that he can give me proper legal and moral support on the day of the examination. (they did send copies in may 2013. but I destroyed them in disgust after my appeal was lost).

Lastly do you have any other recommendations to follow or general advice that would help with my WCA?

Thank you for all your help. Regards Tom.

Hi T,

With respect to Question 1) :

There is a template letter regarding requesting that your F2F "medical" is recorded in our ESA Claims Guides 3rd and 4th links down this page :

ESA Claims Guides

There is also a separate link to the letter 9th link down the same page.

I would e-mail this to : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15, so that you have a "paper trail".

You could ask them to confirm in writing by return e-mail that they agree to this.

If they do, print it off and take it with you to your F2F.

I would also a check on the day, on arrival, before the assessment starts, that recording facilities have been put into place for your F2F.

They should give you a copy CD of the recording after the assessment.

We have heard from a couple of members where they have been given the CD, only to find that it was blank when they got home.

You may therefore want to ask the assessor to show you that the recording has been made on the CD before leaving.

Hello again everyone at B&W.

Firstly, Thanks to bro58 for your advice above, now I shall update you all.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

tomzee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136819 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA update

Tommy wrote: I will be going into rehab for a minimum period of 3 Months up 9 Months. But no date for entry has been set thus far, so when I show all my written evidence to the assessor will it count for points? Unfortunately this is new information and will not be on my ESA 50 questionnaire that I filled in during the month of Feb 2014. But the rest of the info I wrote in the ESA 50 is all still relevant. Please advise.

Regards Tom

It is certainly worth mentioning, but your difficulty is that the assessor is unlikely to take into account something that is going to happen in the future as they can only assess you on how you are affected on the day of the assessment.

It may be that the reason for you going into rehab may be more important, you don't mention this in your post, don't feel you have to as it won't affect the advice, you might also want to speak to your GP about their writing a letter about this, if they do, take a copy to the assessment if there is time otherwise send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim, marked for the attention of the Decision Maker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tmato2001

More
8 years 10 months ago #136830 by tmato2001
Replied by tmato2001 on topic WCA update
Thanks for that Gordon I will get onto my doctor after the assessment.

Regards Tom

tomzee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.