× Members

PIP HOME ASSESMENT

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #137036 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP HOME ASSESMENT

sharon wrote: HI, i had my assessment yesterday, not as bad as i was expecting. The lady that csm was very nice and told me that, because i have several condition that have simular symptoms, it was quite clear on my form, what conditions affected which activity.

I have osteoarthritus, psiriatic arthritus and fibromyalgia.. it very difficult to pin point and say, which of these condtiions is causing which pain. they all have the same symptoms.

A reason why my head was totally going when trying to get the forms filled out. on each activity, it was put that the pain is caused by arthritus and fb.

So visit was brief question on how each condition affect me..she was here 1hr 36 min, i was in so much pain, my head went after 30mim of sitting in one postion, i kept reajusting and letting her know it was causing me pain and she did say, feel free to move around but, i felt to embarrsed to move?

she was made aware that i was in dreadful pain throughout the whole assessment, on my esa form, i did say after 10 /15 min i have to move unless im lay down but wasnt asked on the pip form how long, i do hope they dont think im telling lies becasue, i was to embarssed to move around. anyway,

the assesment, she asked me about every condition that was on the form, even the ibs, migraines skin psoriosis osteoporosis, i kept telling her, i dont know if the symptons were caused by which condition. axample, morning stiffness, joint pain, its a sympton of them all. when it comes to the fb and arthritus in my case they are pretty much the same. i was asked to remember 3 items and she came bk to that later later, i couldnt remember the third, i wa asked to spell world backwards, and some basic maths,

After all the questions, i eas ask to show her how i moved around and how i could move my joints, this was all over joints from neck to feet. i had to remove my hand supports but not my knee supports.that was the last bit. on leaving she said to my daughter that, she would be requesting that, i wasnt reviewed again for at least 2/3 yrs but get intouch if my condiotion worsens.

so dont know if her saying that is good or not? as for being worried about removing my clothes, thank goodness i was asked, i was panicking over that one.
thank you for all you do and the replies.

Hi S,

I am glad that it was not too bad !! :)

Please keep us updated.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #137039 by sharon
Replied by sharon on topic PIP HOME ASSESMENT
thank you. removing my clothes thank goodness i wasnt asked, not was.
she said she was doing report that day or mon? so hopefull dwp wont take to long.
will keep you updated

More
8 years 9 months ago #137056 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP HOME ASSESMENT
Thanks for the update Sharon, I'm so glad that the assessment was not as bad as you had feared!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.