× Members

ESA

More
8 years 10 months ago #136823 by Bryando
ESA was created by Bryando
Hi,

Made a claim for ESA and was phoned last week to send in a copy of various things. She suggested I put it through the local Jobcentre and they would get it to her quicker. So I placed the items requested in the post to the Jobcentre near me.

Today the woman phoned asking if I had managed to get the items together she needed. Was surprised she had not got them! So she is going to leave it a few days and hopefully it comes through to her.

Does all mail to each local jobcentre get opened there or is it send to another location then from there placed in internal mail? Starting to think this is turning into a nightmare!

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136826 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA
Charlie

It sounds like the person you spoke to did not explain themselves very well in regard to your using JC+.

Posting the information to your local JC+ offers no advantage whatsoever over posting the information to the DWP office, in fact there is a good chance that it will not be forwarded at all and even if it is, may take several weeks to find it's intended destination.

What they should have explained to is that you need to make an appointment to visit the JC+ so that they can scan the documents and then email them immediately to the DWP office required.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bryando, Suzie17

More
8 years 10 months ago #136842 by Bryando
Replied by Bryando on topic ESA
Thanks.

She was clueless! Had no idea what a Disabled Student Allowance was so I was to write providing details of what it is! Trying to tell her over the phone I don't actually get that money to live on was a nightmare. Complete nightmare!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.