× Members

Disability Income Guarantee

• Ishbel
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136840 by Ishbel
Disability Income Guarantee was created by Ishbel
A friend has recently been moved from the Support Group of ESA to the WRAG. His ESA has been reduced a little but he also seems to have lost £15.75 a week which is the Disability Income Guarantee. Why would this be? I'm not quite sure what the Disability Income Guarantee is. Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #136847 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Disability Income Guarantee

Ishbel wrote: A friend has recently been moved from the Support Group of ESA to the WRAG. His ESA has been reduced a little but he also seems to have lost £15.75 a week which is the Disability Income Guarantee. Why would this be? I'm not quite sure what the Disability Income Guarantee is. Thanks.

Hi I,

Yes, they will receive less !

In The Support Group (SG) = Personal Allowance = £73.10/Week + S G Component Addition = £36.20/Week + Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) (also known as Disability Income Guarantee) = £15.75/Week

Total = £125.05/Week

In The WRAG = Personal Allowance = £73.10/Week + WRAG Component Addition = £29.05/Week.

Total = £102.15/Week

So being placed into WRAG makes them £22.90/Week worse off.

The WRA Component Addition is £7.15/Week less than The SG Component Addition, and they have lost the £15.75/Week EDP as they are no longer in The SG.

Benefit Rates 2015/16

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris