× Members

Disability Income Guarantee

• Ishbel
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136840 by Ishbel
Disability Income Guarantee was created by Ishbel
A friend has recently been moved from the Support Group of ESA to the WRAG. His ESA has been reduced a little but he also seems to have lost £15.75 a week which is the Disability Income Guarantee. Why would this be? I'm not quite sure what the Disability Income Guarantee is. Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #136847 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Disability Income Guarantee

Ishbel wrote: A friend has recently been moved from the Support Group of ESA to the WRAG. His ESA has been reduced a little but he also seems to have lost £15.75 a week which is the Disability Income Guarantee. Why would this be? I'm not quite sure what the Disability Income Guarantee is. Thanks.

Hi I,

Yes, they will receive less !

In The Support Group (SG) = Personal Allowance = £73.10/Week + S G Component Addition = £36.20/Week + Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) (also known as Disability Income Guarantee) = £15.75/Week

Total = £125.05/Week

In The WRAG = Personal Allowance = £73.10/Week + WRAG Component Addition = £29.05/Week.

Total = £102.15/Week

So being placed into WRAG makes them £22.90/Week worse off.

The WRA Component Addition is £7.15/Week less than The SG Component Addition, and they have lost the £15.75/Week EDP as they are no longer in The SG.

Benefit Rates 2015/16

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.