× Members

When should I expect my PIP renewal forms?

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136855 by Gopherd02
Hello all,
I was awarded PIP for three years which will end in July 2016. I believe they send out the PIP2 form beforehand but I've heard they can send the forms 12 months before the award ends or I read on another site it can be up to a month before it ends. Can somebody clarify please?

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136859 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic When should I expect my PIP renewal forms?
Hi G02 and welcome to the forum. On the assumption that you are also new to the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

It seems that it is current DWP practice to initiate reassessment a full 12 months before the PIP is due to end. Our office are trying to find out a bit more about this. Meanwhile, it would be a good idea for you to have a look at our PIP resources and start getting your evidence together as it seems likely that the dreaded envelop will land on your mat soon :(

PIP help for claimants

If/when you have further questions, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. When the forum is not open for new messages, our FAQs (which can be found in the 'spotlights' section at the top of this page) and guides can still be accessed.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gopherd02

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136862 by Gopherd02
Replied by Gopherd02 on topic When should I expect my PIP renewal forms?
Thanks very much, Mrs Hurtyback. I've just printed a specimen copy of the PIP2 form and I'm going to start filling it in as and when I have time so that I have a bit of a head start. Then I can copy the answers over in the actual form when I receive it, assuming nothing has changed since. I know they're quite strict on their time limits.

Thanks again
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136868 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic When should I expect my PIP renewal forms?

Gopherd02 wrote: Then I can copy the answers over in the actual form when I receive it,

This is absolutely the correct way to go about it as every PIP form sent out will have a unique barcode identifying the claimant.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136871 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic When should I expect my PIP renewal forms?

Gopherd02 wrote: Thanks very much, Mrs Hurtyback. I've just printed a specimen copy of the PIP2 form and I'm going to start filling it in as and when I have time so that I have a bit of a head start. Then I can copy the answers over in the actual form when I receive it, assuming nothing has changed since. I know they're quite strict on their time limits.

Thanks again

Hi G02,

Yes, it is fine to use the specimen PIP 2 Form.

However, the PIP 2 Form that you eventually receive through the post Must be the one returned to The DWP.

This is because each PIP 2 Form has a Barcode which ties it directly to your PIP Claim as an individual.

This is nothing to stop you now referring to the specimen PIP 2, but typing your responses to the relevant questions on separate A4 sheets.

You should head each separate sheet with your Name, DOB Date and NI Number and number each separate A4 1 of x, 2 of x, 3 of x, 4 of x, etc, etc, etc.

When you then receive the actual PIP 2 through the post, you can simply write in the space for each particular question See my response on separate added page number, 1 of x, etc, etc.

You can then attach the added A4 pages to the PIP 2 Form with your Barcode on it.

This will save you having to copy over all your responses once you receive the PIP 2 Form.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.