× Members

Pip refused. Loads of inconsistency

More
8 years 10 months ago #136997 by JenJJ
Replied by JenJJ on topic Pip refused. Loads of inconsistency

gixser wrote: Hi guys and thanks. I am working my way around on here slowly but surely! That's is just the problem with the assessors report i am having Gordon. It is full of mistakes and the comment are misleading enough to skew a positive result. For instance he stated i put my butrans patches on my lower back and have no problem reaching around to do it. The thing is the patches are on my upper chest near my shoulder and I told him and showed him where they are and go. He and the DM state I can walk more than 50m but less than 200 but I never said or even agreed to such a statement. my pip2 form clearly shows I ticked less than 20m. Where he has got the 50 to 200m is beyond me. Thats just two of the things that I have read on the assessment. There are plenty more that are similar.

I have seen a couple examples on the site of how to write an appeal so I am assuming the same kind of info can be used for a reconsideration?

Same thing happened to me with my ESA report. The whole report was skewed and the assessment, start to finish, was with an agenda to score me zero points. It's not supposed to be like that - I read the guide the assessor is supposed to follow (there's a similar one for PIP, I suggest you read it through) but dealing with wrongness of the report is only something you can do in complaining to Atos or Maximus and that has no impact on the DWP and their decision.

So the advice on just concentrating on proving where you qualify for descriptors is good advice. I know you are angry at the injustice of it, I feel the same but just stay focused and take your time over the next couple of weeks to put together your letter.

I followed the format here in the guides for the appeals for my Mandatory Reconsideration.

I did something like this...

I scored zero points for mobiilsing. The assessor based this on how I walked into the room, observation of the muscles in my calves and movement of my limbs. I have a neurological condition, not a muscular one. He omited from his report the neurological symptoms which affect my mobilty which are extreme fatigue, numbness, pins and needles, pain, weakness, muscle spasms, dizziness, difficulty balancing, poor coordination, poor concentration, limbs prone to giving way and falling down.

I then when on to explain how this affects me on a daily basis, how much time I spent at home, how the fatigue affects me and how I move around the house when it does. I gave them the measurements of my kitchen!

I also then gave Page numbers and quotes from the Handbook with regards this descriptor and said "if this guidance had been followed I believe I would have scored"

I did the same for all descriptors I was disputing. i outlined the symptoms then gave the examples of how they affected me and how frequently.

I wrote 6 pages in all. Reading their response I don't think they even read it. As far as they are concerned the Atos report is correct, so the decision stands.

I am just about to put in my appeal and I am glad I took the time to write it all as it has helped do the appeal.

If you can get some medical evidence to give them, either for the MR or the appeal particularly in regards of how your condition affects you in your activities rather than just confirmation of your condition and symptoms.
Good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #137027 by gixser
Replied by gixser on topic Pip refused. Loads of inconsistency
Thanks guys. I will do as you suggest. There were a couple points in assessment that i feel I have to bring up to the dwp because of the nature of them. being so blatantly wrong but i will file a complaint as well to atos this week.

There was a special circumstance for the walking Gordon as i had placed the butrans patches on the night before so only had them on for 7 hours before the assessment. It usually takes about 12 to 18 hours for the initial euphoria to wear off and the patch begins to provide the usual 40 to 55% relief from the pain it gives me. So i guess I had better explain this to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.