× Members

Good news !! Worked related ESA to support group

• parrotluv
  • Topic Author
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136957 by parrotluv
Wow I'm so shocked , just had the DWP ring me over my claim to be put into the support group of the ESA , I was previously in the work related group.

I'm so thrilled and over the moon !

Does my ESA money go up now or does it stay same ? Thank you x
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136967 by

parrotluv wrote: Wow I'm so shocked , just had the DWP ring me over my claim to be put into the support group of the ESA , I was previously in the work related group.

I'm so thrilled and over the moon !

Does my ESA money go up now or does it stay same ? Thank you x

Hi pl,

Many congratulations on gaining access to The SG !! :cheer:

If you have been placed into The SG as a result of you requesting a review/supersession, which looking at your previous posts : Here, seems to be the case, any extra monies should be backdated from the date that you requested the review.

Current Rates for ESA in the SG are as follows :

ESA Personal Allowance for over 25 year old single : £73.10/Week

Support Group Component Addition : £36.20/Week

If you are entitled to payment of, or already receiving paymnet of Income Related (IR) ESA, you may also be paid The Enhanced Disability Premium (EDP) (also known as The Disability Income Guarantee) for being in The SG, currently : £15.75/Week.

The above are figures for a single over 25 year old and you should look at the "couple rates" if you have a partner for IR ESA entitlement/payment.

See : ESA Premiums

&

Benefit Rates 2015/16

To reiterate, you cannot receive payment of The EDP unless you also have entitlement to payment of IR ESA.

If you have any doubts regarding your potential entitlement to payment of IR ESA you need to request and fill in an ESA 3 Financial Assessment Form.

You should receive a Decision Notice letter from DWP informing you that you are now in The SG with a breakdown of what your entitlement to payment of ESA is, and the start date of your entitlement.

Please return when you receive this letter, and we will advise further if necessary.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by .

More
8 years 10 months ago #136990 by neptuno
I love to hear good news on Fridays !
Congratulation and a load off your mind !

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.