× Members

HELP from ESA to IR ESA

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137025 by jmach
HELP from ESA to IR ESA was created by jmach
Hi i am finishing CB ESA next month and they are ringing me soon to talk about IR ESA .I dont know where to turn for proper help ! My wife works 36 hours as we have a big mortgage ,council tax etc to pay and are already living on the breadline ,i have been told she would need to reduce her hours to 24 .Could anyone please tell me would we get any benefit towards our mortgage and bills ? Just so annoying that after working all my life in the construction industry and having 2 major operations i am only allowed to claim for a year even though my medical assessment says i am incapable for work till i get assessed next april.My wife is at her wits end as she doesn't want to lose the house but not sure what to do .
Many thanks any advice would be greatly appreciated
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137055 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic HELP from ESA to IR ESA
Hi jmach,

I see from past posts that Gordon has answered your query about this previously. You cannot claim IR ESA if your wife works for more than 24 hours. It may be that there is something else you can claim but we do not deal with other benefits. I suggest that you either contact CAB or look at an on-line calculator, we recommend 'turn2us' for a start

www.turn2us.org.uk/

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Payment will recommence if you are assessed and placed into the Support Group at any stage in the future.

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.