× Members

ESA IR TOP UP ?

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137069 by Dollydee
ESA IR TOP UP ? was created by Dollydee
Hi

How do I find out if I am entitled to a top up from IR ESA ? I have phoned dwp a few year ago to enquire about it but was told I can only have 1 or the other but I believe I was wrongly informed. I am a single parent, have no savings, my only income is ESA £210 a fortnight and Tax Credit £62 a week and DLA £174 a month. Any top would be good as it would also get free prescription and free dentist amongst other government grants for eg: Water boiler replacement for only £150 instead of over £1000.

Any advise thankfully received
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137085 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA IR TOP UP ?
Hi Dd,

Yes, you are correct in saying that it is possible to receive an IR top-up of Contributory ESA. If you think you might be eligible, you should contact DWP and ask them to send you an ESA3 form. This will collect details of your financial situation but will not reassess your medical eligibility for ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137109 by Dollydee
Replied by Dollydee on topic ESA IR TOP UP ?
Are you sure such request will not trigger a reassessment because I can not go through all that worry and sleep need nights again right now. Can someone phone for me to request a form be sent for me to complete ?
Do you how much the top up can be ? Min to max amounts
Thanks x x

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137119 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA IR TOP UP ?

Dollydee wrote: Are you sure such request will not trigger a reassessment because I can not go through all that worry and sleep need nights again right now. Can someone phone for me to request a form be sent for me to complete ?
Do you how much the top up can be ? Min to max amounts
Thanks x x

Requesting an ESA3 is quite normal and should not trigger a re-assessment.

Someone can ring on your behalf but you will need to be present to answer the security questions and to authorise the DWP to speak to them.

If you are in the Support Group or receive DLA Higher Rate Care then you should be entitled to the Enhanced Disability Premium £15.75/week

If you are receiving DLA Medium Rate Care or higher, you live alone and no one receives Carers Allowance for you then you should be entitled to the Severe Disability Premium of £61.85/week. You will need to request an extra form, an IS10, to attest to your living arrangements.

Obviously any entitlement to ESA(IR) will enable free prescriptions and dental care and may allow you to claim Housing Benefit if applicable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dollydee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.