× Members

PIP 1 and deadline for application

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137074 by toady
PIP 1 and deadline for application was created by toady
Hello

My first post. I have looked in the Guide and searched the forum for an answer, but can't see one, so would appreciate advice.

I am on full care and mobility DLA and have received a letter saying I need to apply for PIP (6 months before my current DLA award expires). The letter says I must call a number to start the claim and says if they don't hear from me by the deadline in the letter they will stop DLA.

This deadline date:

is it for me ringing them to start the claim or
is it for me ringing them, them sending out a PIP1 form, and me returning it to DWP
or is it for me completing and returning both PIP1 and PIP2 (the big form)?

I wasn't expecting this transfer quite so early, so am unfamiliar with the whole process. I am unclear as to what exactly the deadline refers to.

Many thanks for any advice.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137080 by

toady wrote: Hello

My first post. I have looked in the Guide and searched the forum for an answer, but can't see one, so would appreciate advice.

I am on full care and mobility DLA and have received a letter saying I need to apply for PIP (6 months before my current DLA award expires). The letter says I must call a number to start the claim and says if they don't hear from me by the deadline in the letter they will stop DLA.

This deadline date:

is it for me ringing them to start the claim or
is it for me ringing them, them sending out a PIP1 form, and me returning it to DWP
or is it for me completing and returning both PIP1 and PIP2 (the big form)?

I wasn't expecting this transfer quite so early, so am unfamiliar with the whole process. I am unclear as to what exactly the deadline refers to.

Many thanks for any advice.

Hi t,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

I am afraid that now your "invitation" to transfer to PIP has arrived, you must comply with all deadlines.

Failing to do so will result in an end to your DLA payments.

If you comply with all deadlines, your current DLA payments will continue until 4 weeks after a PIP decision is made, no matter what that PIP decision may be.

With regards to the deadline, you have 28 days from the date of your letter to initiate your PIP claim over the phone, Or complete a paper claim PIP 1 Form and return it to the DWP.

You should be able to fulfil this part of the deadline process by ringing the phone number, where they will ask you some basic questions regarding your medical conditions.

This part of the process is covered from Page 12 onwards under the heading How claimants will be transferred from DLA to PIP of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

With regards to returning PIP 1, PIP 2 Forms or any other documentation to The DWP, see :

Sending Documents to the DWP.

I would follow up posting of any of the above back to DWP PIP with a phone call to ensure that they have received them by the any given deadline date.

If you have any further queries regarding the process after reading our guide please reply to this topic.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #137120 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic PIP 1 and deadline for application
Bro,

May I ask a couple of questions?

1. How long after a claimant makes the PIP1 claim (via phone or in paper format) does he/she receive the PIP2?
2. How many days does the claimant have to return the PIP2 plus evidence? I’m guessings it’s four weeks….

Thanks,

Mari

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137121 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 and deadline for application

MariW wrote: Bro,

May I ask a couple of questions?

1. How long after a claimant makes the PIP1 claim (via phone or in paper format) does he/she receive the PIP2?
2. How many days does the claimant have to return the PIP2 plus evidence? I’m guessings it’s four weeks….

Thanks,

Mari

1. It should be 5-10 working days.

2. It is four weeks from the date of the letter accompanying the PIP2 form, but there will be a specific date in the letter by which the PIP2 form has to be returned to the DWP by.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137123 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic PIP 1 and deadline for application
Thanks, Gordon :)

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137124 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1 and deadline for application

MariW wrote: Thanks, Gordon :)

Sorry my post should have said 5-10 working days, not entirely sure how that ended up as 1-5 :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.