× Members

ESA

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #137103 by xpgoldmaxx
ESA was created by xpgoldmaxx
Hi All
I have got a FTOF assessment tomorrow at 2-15, today i get a phone call at 4-45pm to tell me it has been cancelled because thay have not got my file at the assessment centre.

Could i go to my doctor and get a letter to say i cant get to a new appointment and ask for a home visit.
thanks
paul
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #137104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment

xpgoldmaxx wrote: Hi All
I have got a FTOF assessment tomorrow at 2-15, today i get a phone call at 4-45pm to tell me it has been cancelled because thay have not got my file at the assessment centre.

Could i go to my doctor and get a letter to say i cant get to a new appointment and ask for a home visit.
thanks
paul

Your GP will need to explain in detail why you cannot attend at a Maximus office and it will still be their decision as to whether they offer a home assessment, requesting a home assessment this late in the process will likely be counted as one of your two opportunities to attend,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #138263 by xpgoldmaxx
Replied by xpgoldmaxx on topic ESA Assessment
Hi
Yesterday i had a phone call to say i have to attend assessment at milton keynes on 11/07/2015 and then she said your taxi is booked for 12oclock i didnt ask for a taxi has any body else had this happen to them.
regards
paul
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #138271 by
Replied by on topic ESA Assessment

xpgoldmaxx wrote: Hi
Yesterday i had a phone call to say i have to attend assessment at milton keynes on 11/07/2015 and then she said your taxi is booked for 12oclock i didnt ask for a taxi has any body else had this happen to them.
regards
paul

Hi xpgm,

Although we have heard from members who have had a Taxi provided, I cannot recall this happening without them requesting it, or mentioning that they would need a Taxi if they had to attend a face to face in their ESA50.

You should receive written confirmation of the appointment.

Looking back : Here. it could be due to input from your G.P.

If you are still unable to attend by Taxi, you should contact : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15.

Travelling time to and from an Assessment Centre should not take more than 90 minutes either way using Public Transport.

You should also have a look at this FAQ in anticipation of the face to face :

ESA Medical – What to expect

You should be aware that how you manage the return trip to/from the Assessment Centre will be taken into account as part of the actual assessment.

You may be observed on approaching, leaving and whilst inside the centre.

Assumptions may be made by the assessor with regards to the above.

These assumptions could result in the assessor writing comments/recommendations within the ESA85 medical report which they compile and send to The DWP.

If this is classed as your second face to face appointment, you should be aware that failure to attend without "Good Cause" may result in you being classed as fit for work and your ESA ceasing.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 8 months ago #139437 by xpgoldmaxx
Replied by xpgoldmaxx on topic ESA Assessment
Hi to you all
Had my ESA C/C Assessment Tuesday 11/08/2015 at milton keynes.
they sent me a taxi to pick me up got to Assessment center at 12.40 pm my Assessment time
was 1.15pm.
What a shambles got called in to see DR at 3.30pm took the full hour.
When i got back to reception there where to ladys that had travelled from london to assessment center only to be told that they where going to rearrange there appointments to another day, they where not vary happy.
Thanks
Paul

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139438 by
Replied by on topic ESA Assessment
Hi xpgm,

I have merged your three topics on this subject for continuity.

At least it is over and done with now !!

You could give it a week or so then ring ESA for an update :

THE ESA PHONE NUMBER DWP : 0345 608 8545 Press Option 3 for ESA. (Open 8AM-6PM. Mon-Fri.)
======

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.