× Members

PIP Awarded

More
8 years 9 months ago #137106 by s3an
PIP Awarded was created by s3an
Just been informed from dwp via phone my son has been awarded enhanced daily living having scored 25 points and nothing for mobility after he only scored 4 points. :ohmy:

This will run from 29/06/2015 - 16/12/15 which is a very sort time. :ohmy:

Im expecting the renewal forms next week as their send out 12 month in advance,what are their playing at with such a sort date. ?

Well looks like an appeal time ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Awarded

s3an wrote: Just been informed from dwp via phone my son has been awarded enhanced daily living having scored 25 points and nothing for mobility after he only scored 4 points. :ohmy:

This will run from 29/06/2015 - 16/12/15 which is a very sort time. :ohmy:

Im expecting the renewal forms next week as their send out 12 month in advance,what are their playing at with such a sort date. ?

Well looks like an appeal time ;)

I would wait until you have received the Decision Letter, DWP communication over the phone is often appalling and incorrect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137568 by s3an
Replied by s3an on topic PIP Awarded
Hi Gordon :)

I'm confused...

Is it ok to upload documents for mods to read only and not for public ?
Just can not get my head around somthing :cheer:

More
8 years 9 months ago #137570 by Gordon

s3an wrote: Hi Gordon :)

I'm confused...

Is it ok to upload documents for mods to read only and not for public ?
Just can not get my head around somthing :cheer:

The forum software does not support the uploading of documents, you can upload something to a personal storage area, both Google and Microsoft provide these (other suppliers available), and then share it via a link on the forum, we can make this confidential in your post so that only you and the moderators can view the information.

You must remove all personal information from the document before making it available or we will be forced to delete your post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137572 by s3an
Replied by s3an on topic PIP Awarded
Hi Gordon,

My son was awarded 25 points for daily living and only 4 points for mobility

planning and following journey

you need prompting from another person to undertake a journy to avoid causing you significant mental distress = 4 point

In the decision makers reasoning their totally agree my son can not read and write
so how the hell can he plann and follow a journey?

I feel he should at least score the 10 point for been unabel to plann and follow a journey

More
8 years 9 months ago #137605 by Gordon
s3an

I agree, being able to read would seem to be a prerequisite for Planning a Journey.

I would think you had a good case for 13(c)

c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. 8 points.

It may be possible to score the 10 points for 13(d)

d. Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid. 10 points.

But the issues are less clear cut and it may be more difficult, although not impossible, to show the impact that their being unable to read would have.

Either Descriptor results in a Standard award, you don't mention physical problems with walking so I assume you are not expecting to score for the Moving around Descriptor.

I would argue both, but separately.

Have a look at the PIP Appeal guide for information about making a request for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.