× Members

ESA support group

More
8 years 10 months ago #137107 by Fedup
ESA support group was created by Fedup
Hi I am currently in the ESA support group . Can I now get cheaper car tax and a blue badge or is that only if in receipt of PIP higher mobility award? I have just had a PIP assessment and am awaiting DWP decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #137115 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group

Fedup wrote: Hi I am currently in the ESA support group . Can I now get cheaper car tax and a blue badge or is that only if in receipt of PIP higher mobility award? I have just had a PIP assessment and am awaiting DWP decision.

I'm afraid these are only available through PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 10 months ago #137161 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic ESA support group
Hi Fu
You can apply to your local council for a blue badge even if you are not awarded PIP. There is a detailed form to be filled in, you may be able to view this online & print it off to complete by hand. It would be helpful to ask your GP if s/he would support your application. It is likley you will be asked to attend an assessment of your mobility with a physiotherapist or occupational therapist.
Good luck.
mayflower .

More
8 years 10 months ago #137166 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group
mayflower

Thank you for your post, you are quite right that a claimant can apply directly to their Local Authority for a Blue Badge, my answer was specifically in regard to the ESA Support Group being an enabler, but was none the less incomplete.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris