× Members

ESA support group

More
8 years 9 months ago #137107 by Fedup
ESA support group was created by Fedup
Hi I am currently in the ESA support group . Can I now get cheaper car tax and a blue badge or is that only if in receipt of PIP higher mobility award? I have just had a PIP assessment and am awaiting DWP decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137115 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group

Fedup wrote: Hi I am currently in the ESA support group . Can I now get cheaper car tax and a blue badge or is that only if in receipt of PIP higher mobility award? I have just had a PIP assessment and am awaiting DWP decision.

I'm afraid these are only available through PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137161 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic ESA support group
Hi Fu
You can apply to your local council for a blue badge even if you are not awarded PIP. There is a detailed form to be filled in, you may be able to view this online & print it off to complete by hand. It would be helpful to ask your GP if s/he would support your application. It is likley you will be asked to attend an assessment of your mobility with a physiotherapist or occupational therapist.
Good luck.
mayflower .

More
8 years 9 months ago #137166 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group
mayflower

Thank you for your post, you are quite right that a claimant can apply directly to their Local Authority for a Blue Badge, my answer was specifically in regard to the ESA Support Group being an enabler, but was none the less incomplete.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.