× Members

dla transfer to pip

More
8 years 9 months ago #137148 by katherine
dla transfer to pip was created by katherine
i recieve high rate mobility and low rate care dla indefinately. i know that i will have to change to pip soon but will i have to have a new assessment and medical. if so all so stressful

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137151 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic dla transfer to pip

katherine wrote: i recieve high rate mobility and low rate care dla indefinately. i know that i will have to change to pip soon but will i have to have a new assessment and medical. if so all so stressful

Your transfer could be at anytime during the next two years or possibly more, everyone will be re-assessed as PIP has different criteria from DLA, whether you will require a medical (it's not really a medical as you might expect your GP to perform), will depend on whether the Assessment Provider has sufficient information to make a recommendation to the DWP about an award without one being done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: katherine

More
8 years 9 months ago #137177 by Rose Water
Replied by Rose Water on topic dla transfer to pip
Hi Katherine,

I am in the same boat as you. It seems ridiculous that people who havebeen awarded DLA indefinitely should have to be put through the stress of an assessment, but who knows perhaps they will see sense and just accept that the award is right :)

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137180 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic dla transfer to pip
Hi,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ :

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Unfortunately, all DLA recipients who were below 65 years of age on 08/04/13 will be invited to transfer to PIP over the next two year period.

The word "invite" is misleading really as there is no choice in the matter, if you fail to take up the invite, your DLA will cease, and that will be it !

Therefore, once the invite is received you must comply with all deadlines given.

Current DLA HR Mobility recipients are particularly vulnerable to losing their awards.

PIP Mobility is a lot harder to qualify for.

Have a look at our : PIP Self Test and our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137202 by adrian67
Replied by adrian67 on topic dla transfer to pip
I too am worried as I have been on low care component and high rate mobility since 2008. I have just renewed my pack sent loads of evidence from consultants work doctors stating that my walking distance is less than 20 meters. it says this in my appeal pack which I won in 2008 I also sent the evidence of that. I also explained that my proof of walking distance shows that it was declared before the new Laws. I have my face to face next week on the 8th. they gave me about two weeks to get the claim pack back to them. this was not so bad as I already had all previous history. but someone starting a new claim would find it very difficult to get evidence in such a short time. I am absolutely frightened to death that I will get hit with the cuts but also ex[pained no car no work because I cant walk far enough for busses plus I would have to have someone with me as I cannot manage my scooter on my own i.e getting on and off busses which comes in to the follow a rout reliably criteria. same as shopping or any thing like that I need someone with me. :(

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.