× Members

Re: Severe disability premium

• theresa
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137185 by theresa
Re: Severe disability premium was created by theresa
Just hed medical for pip enhanced care and mobility i was sent is10 form on 16th may with my pip decision just foned and told pip doesnt start till 17 june so still on dlalrc and hrm till then asked bout sdp told that wont start till them have to doanother is10 form cos my circumstances might av changed asked about arrears of sdp cos my pip form was filled in march 16 ad medical april 22 and passed they sed it doesnt matter bout that u get sdp from 17th june if i live on my own and noone gets carersfor me its confusing sorry
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137197 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re: Severe disability premium

theresa wrote: Just hed medical for pip enhanced care and mobility i was sent is10 form on 16th may with my pip decision just foned and told pip doesnt start till 17 june so still on dlalrc and hrm till then asked bout sdp told that wont start till them have to doanother is10 form cos my circumstances might av changed asked about arrears of sdp cos my pip form was filled in march 16 ad medical april 22 and passed they sed it doesnt matter bout that u get sdp from 17th june if i live on my own and noone gets carersfor me its confusing sorry

Hi t,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

Struggled a little bit to understand your post, but from what I can gather you were transferred over to PIP Enhanced Mobility and Daily Living from Lower Rate Care and High Rate Mobility DLA Awards.

When a claimant is transferred over to PIP from DLA the existing DLA award will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the date of the fresh PIP Award decision.

Therefore the fresh PIP awards are not backdated to the date that you first started the transfer process.

As you were previously only in receipt of LR Care DLA, you would not have had any potential entitlement to The Severe Disability Premium. (SDP)

You would have needed a MR or HR Care Award for that.

Now that you have been awarded PIP Enhanced Daily Living, you do have potential entitlement to The SDP.

However, as explained above, as the new PIP DL Award decision only becomes active 4 weeks after the date of the decision, any potential SDP entitlement will also only apply from that date.

It is usual to have to fill in an IS10 Form in your situation.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #137212 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Re: Severe disability premium
Contact you MP I did and got backdated payment they play an good role in getting what is yours best of luck

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137213 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re: Severe disability premium

Samra wrote: Contact you MP I did and got backdated payment they play an good role in getting what is yours best of luck

Hi S,

Yes M.P.'s can be very helpful.

However, in this situation I think that theresa is getting confused as she is expecting The SDP to be paid/backdated from the initial date that she started her PIP transfer from DLA, rather than from 4 weeks after the date of the PIP Award decision, which is actually how DLA to PIP transfers work.

This differs to Fresh/New PIP Claims which are backdated to the date of your initial telephone call to start the claim.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.