× Members

Pip back pay

More
8 years 9 months ago #137290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip back pay

Amanda wrote: Hi All,

So, if someone received back pay for such a long time, would they then lose money from their weekly benefits because, in theory, they then have over the amount of savings they are allowed? A

Back payments for benefits are usually disregarded as capital for 52 weeks and even indefinitely, depending on the amount.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137291 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip back pay

chilli50 wrote: Hi. I keep replying but it's not posting. It's a new claim for pip.
I'm a bit confused. I've been reading up about caters allowance/premium. Am I entitled to claim, even though I live alone? Thanks

All posts are held in a moderation area until a Moderator releases them into the forum. I'm the only Mod on today and so it is taken some time for posts to appear.

You cannot Claim Carers Allowance for your self, only someone else with a qualifying benefit.

You can claim the Severe Disability Premium if you live alone and receive an Income Related benefit such as ESA, Income Support or Pension Credit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137396 by chilli50
Replied by chilli50 on topic Pip back pay
:woohoo:
I got standard rate care and standard rate mobility! Home safe as I can make monthly payments and back pay will cover arrears on mortgage. A couple of thousand left over to tidy up the house too. I'm a very happy lady! I couldn't have done this without b&q so THANK YOU!! :-D
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137416 by
Replied by on topic Pip back pay

chilli50 wrote: :woohoo:
I got standard rate care and standard rate mobility! Home safe as I can make monthly payments and back pay will cover arrears on mortgage. A couple of thousand left over to tidy up the house too. I'm a very happy lady! I couldn't have done this without b&q so THANK YOU!! :-D

Hi c50,

Great News !!! :cheer:

I am really pleased for you and thanks for your comments regarding B&W !! :)

You PIP Daily Living Award may also give you entitlement to payment of The SDP as advised by Gordon, and if your Standard PIP Mobility award was given for your walking limitations "Moving Around" that entitles you to a Blue Badge and a 50% reduction in Car Road Tax :

See : Here. and just over half way down : This Page.

Under the heading : Vehicle tax reduction.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

More
8 years 9 months ago #137579 by Samra
Replied by Samra on topic Pip back pay
Hi contact your MP I did and got back payment from them straight away no ifs no buts and carers allowence can be claimed by your family member or a friend that looks after you wish you all the best

• Clelld69
8 years 9 months ago #137917 by Clelld69
Replied by Clelld69 on topic Pip back pay
on the award letter re pip, it states if you were getting road tax for a vehicle as a result of receiving higher rate mobility on dla, then if you get awarded standard rate mobility on pip, you have to return the road tax. Nowhere does it state that you qualify for 50% discount. If it hadn't been for this site, I wouldn't have known that. 6 months is better than nothing. Dwp are being deliberately vague now in what you can claim. I just want to smash ids and Osborne and Cameron's races in when they bleat on how the disabled are protected. Just s Tory lie.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.