× Members

Pip medical

• Lesley mccauley
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137469 by Lesley mccauley
Pip medical was created by Lesley mccauley
This will be my second medical as my Heath as got worse I so nervous any one got any tips to help me
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137475 by
Replied by on topic Pip medical

Lesley mccauley wrote: This will be my second medical as my Heath as got worse I so nervous any one got any tips to help me

Hi Lm,

If this "medical" is at a Consultation Centre, you should be aware that how you manage the trip to and from the Centre will be used as part of the actual assessment, especially if you state that you have mobility issues or mental health issues that limit you going out.

You may be observed on approaching the building, whilst inside, and on leaving the building.

The Assessor may make assumptions as a result of such observations, and these assumptions may result in comments/recommendations being made within The PA4 PIP Medical Report that they compile for the DWP.

You can read what to expect from Page 70 onwards of our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

If it is a Home Assessment, you should be able to choose the room that you wish the assessment to be carried out in.

The Assessor should not want to see any other rooms, however you may wish to show them any aids or adaptations that you have in other rooms.

You can have someone else present in either scenario above, and they can take notes.

Good luck and please return to let us know how it went !

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #137481 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic Pip medical
Hi Lesley,

I would definitely recommend taking someone with you to your assessment. When I went for mine, my Mum came with me (she drove too), and I'm so glad she did because when I finally saw a copy of the report there were so many things that were not true and she confirmed it. Otherwise I might've thought I was just going mad! A x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparklykoi, Lesley mccauley

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137592 by lynsey McIver
Replied by lynsey McIver on topic Pip medical
Hi my pip assessment was today but they cancelled, shall I send in my evidence in case they no longer need face to face assessment or just wait for new appointment. I am new to this,

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137601 by
Replied by on topic Pip medical

lynseyjam wrote: Hi my pip assessment was today but they cancelled, shall I send in my evidence in case they no longer need face to face assessment or just wait for new appointment. I am new to this,

Hi lj,

You should send any evidence that you have that was not included when you returned your PIP 2 Form to ATOS or Capita, whoever your PIP Assessment Provider may be.

If you do not have the address to send this to you could contact :

Contact ATOS PIP

Or

Contact Capita.

As you rightly state, if this extra evidence provides enough fresh information to enable the above to make a paper based assessment, there may be no need for a new face to face to take place.

You could also send copy to the address of DWP The Benefits Office/Centre dealing with your PIP Claim, FAO : The PIP Decision Maker. (Case Manager)

Although this is not obligatory, this will ensure that The DWP PIP DM has access to the same evidence as your PIP Assessment Provider.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS or Capita.

As an added safeguard, if you do have to take part in a rescheduled face to face, you can give copy to the PIP Assessor before the start of the assessment.

If you feel that your limitations preclude you travelling to and from an Assessment Centre, you can request a Home Assessment, which will involve you gaining support of this from your G.P.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #137859 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip medical
Please everybody, inform ATOS/CAPITA as soon as you get the assessment appointment that you will be tape recording it and do so. You will need two tape recorders and cassettes and to leave one cassette with the assessor at the end but it is worth the effort, as it is solid proof-although it won't stop them lying you can show in your MR/appeal that they did so. NB this time I have been told on the phone that daughter must give 14 days' notice of this, but the length of notice is not on Atos's website.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.