× Members

PIP

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137502 by speo77
PIP was created by speo77
Hi everyone, I currently receive DLA and as yet have not heard anything about when I will have to claim PIP, just wondering if its the norm for people to allow the DWPS to use the medical information used on their DLA forms ? I noticed this is a question on the PIP1 form . My ESA claim is more up to date than my old DLA claim form so can they use this instead .
Thanks
STU
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137511 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP

speo77 wrote: Hi everyone, I currently receive DLA and as yet have not heard anything about when I will have to claim PIP, just wondering if its the norm for people to allow the DWPS to use the medical information used on their DLA forms ? I noticed this is a question on the PIP1 form . My ESA claim is more up to date than my old DLA claim form so can they use this instead .
Thanks
STU

Hi s77,

Welcome to Benefits and Work :)

You can give permission for The DWP to use medical evidence that they already hold on you, and/or to contact any HCP's that treat you.

However, whether they will do so is a different matter.

This is why we advise that members should provide their own medical evidence along with the PIP 2 "How you Disability affects You" Form.

The PIP 1 Form is only to initiate your PIP transfer/claim, it is The PIP 2 that is used as part of your actual PIP Assessment.

You can use evidence that you have regarding your ESA, etc, but it will only help if it indicates that you also score points under the PIP Descriptors.

See : PIP Self Test

&

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link on page)

You should also find the information in the 3 posts below helpful :

Here

Here.

&

Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.