× Members

PIP TRIBUNAL

More
8 years 8 months ago #137566 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP TRIBUNAL
Hi MarieMarie

I can only tell you about my own experience today -

As Gordon said, there were three people (all ladies in my case) and the Judge introduced herself and the other two ladies, then the Dr asked me questions. When she had finished, there was a little pause as the Judge was making written notes, so had to catch up! Then the Disability lady asked me questions. My mum came in with me, and the Disability lady asked her a couple of questions about how much help she gives me. Then the Judge asked if I or my mum had anything more to add, and then we were shown out to the waiting room. Ten minutes later I was called in and the Judge told me about the award.

I was so nervous and anxious, but I have to say that all three ladies were very kind and pleasant and very gentle with their questioning. One thing I will say, they did keep reminding me that they were asking me about the time of the claim and not how things are now (although they did ask how things are now compared to how things were when I applied, which was in August 2014).

I hope this helps, and I hope it's ok to post this information.

Good luck to you and your partner.
A x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #137603 by bassettsfarm
Hi All

I just received the letter from the Tribunal Service, so now have my 'scores'. Originally I had scored 2 pts in the Daily Living, and 0 pts for Mobility. The panel have scored me 9 for Daily Living and 10 for Mobility. So please don't give up, anyone. I was so close to giving up lots of times, but the moderators on here have shown endless patience and kindness, and I'm glad I really pushed myself to go to the hearing yesterday. Thank you again. A x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #137610 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP TRIBUNAL

Amanda wrote: Hi All

I just received the letter from the Tribunal Service, so now have my 'scores'. Originally I had scored 2 pts in the Daily Living, and 0 pts for Mobility. The panel have scored me 9 for Daily Living and 10 for Mobility. So please don't give up, anyone. I was so close to giving up lots of times, but the moderators on here have shown endless patience and kindness, and I'm glad I really pushed myself to go to the hearing yesterday. Thank you again. A x

Hi A,

Regarding your 10 points for Mobility "Moving Around" and your Standard DL Award, in case you are not already aware, see : This Post.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 8 months ago #137613 by student2007
Replied by student2007 on topic PIP TRIBUNAL

Amanda wrote: Hi All

Congratulations Amanda!!! Really pleased for you. :) I can imagine the relief you felt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

More
8 years 8 months ago #137617 by bassettsfarm
Thank you, Student2007. Yes, such relief. I'd got myself into such a state, and had a terrible headache for the rest of the day yesterday lol. This will really make such a huge difference to me. Ax
The following user(s) said Thank You: student2007

More
8 years 8 months ago #137619 by bassettsfarm
Thank you so much, bro58. A x
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.