× Members

Getting a home assessment from Atos

More
8 years 9 months ago #137522 by ray charles
Getting a home assessment from Atos was created by ray charles
Hi folks! I'm new to this site and not very computer savvy so apologies for any mistakes I make.
I've just received the letter requiring me to apply for PIP after being on higher rate mobility DLA for the last 3 years. I've had a quick look through your PIP guide book but can't find any info on something that is worrying me.
Could anyone tell me how I go about getting a home assessment. Some of the time I can get out and about with the aid of taxis and a walking stick but on a regular basis my back muscles go into spasm. When this happens my pain becomes so acute that I can barely walk to the toilet in my own flat and the pain can last for days. These spasm attacks will come on without any warning and are unpredictable.
If one off these attacks should come on with in days or even on the day of the assessment, which is very possible, I would be unable to attend and I am sure they would use this as a reason for classing me as failed to attend.
I live in Stockport so I believe it is Atos who do the assessments here and also believe that they make it very difficult to obtain a home assessment.
I would appreciate any advice from people who have obtained a home assessment from Atos.

Many thanks in advance.
Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137536 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos
AP

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You should be able to make the request when you complete the PIP2 form with information about your problems, however, you will need a letter from your GP confirming that you cannot attend at an ATOS assessment centre and why to have any chance of success.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137675 by ray charles
Replied by ray charles on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos
Hi Gordon thanks mate. Would I have to send this letter with the pip2 form?

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137684 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos

ray charles wrote: Hi Gordon thanks mate. Would I have to send this letter with the pip2 form?

Hi rc,

Yes, it would be advisable to make them aware of your request for a Home Assessment ASAP, so I would send a copy of the letter with The PIP 2 Form.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS or Capita.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137839 by ray charles
Replied by ray charles on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos
Thanks very much for the advice, just hope my doc will give me a letter. Do you have any advice on how I should approach him about this.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #137845 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos

ray charles wrote: Thanks very much for the advice, just hope my doc will give me a letter. Do you have any advice on how I should approach him about this.

Hi rc,

Your G.P. needs to give details of how and why your medical conditions preclude you from making the return trip to an Assessment Centre using Public Transport, or a Taxi, as that is the particular question that is asked at Question 6, in : The ESA 113 Questionnaire

It is highly unlikely that your G.P. will be sent an ESA 113, as DWP/Maximus are not legally bound to issue one, and only do so for around a quarter of claimants.

He could also give details of why you could not carry out the trip using other forms of travel, although it should only be Public Transport or Taxi that are pertinent.

He should conclude in requesting a Home Assessment on your behalf.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.