× Members

Getting a home assessment from Atos

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137887 by ray charles
Replied by ray charles on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos
OK thanks bro. My last doctor was very supportive and helped me get a home visit for ESA but, unfortunately, he is no longer at the practice. I'm a bit apprehensive about approaching the doctor who treats me now as he doesn't know me too well and doesn't have such a sympathetic manner as my old doctor. On many occasions I have needed telephone consultations with him, as I have not been able to physically get to his practice, and he has been very abrupt with me and told me that I must come to his surgery for any treatment or referrals etc. Obviously I couldn't do this and so was left untreated. On occasions when I have been able to attend his surgery he has always made me feel like I'm wasting his time. He makes me feel very nervous and anxious and I really don't like talking to him.
Could you answer these few further questions I have please. Can I request his support by contacting him by mail or is there a process of requesting help through his secretary and what can I do if he refuses my request
May I just clarify that this is for a pip assessment with Atos and not ESA
Many tanks.
Ray
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #137897 by

ray charles wrote: OK thanks bro. My last doctor was very supportive and helped me get a home visit for ESA but, unfortunately, he is no longer at the practice. I'm a bit apprehensive about approaching the doctor who treats me now as he doesn't know me too well and doesn't have such a sympathetic manner as my old doctor. On many occasions I have needed telephone consultations with him, as I have not been able to physically get to his practice, and he has been very abrupt with me and told me that I must come to his surgery for any treatment or referrals etc. Obviously I couldn't do this and so was left untreated. On occasions when I have been able to attend his surgery he has always made me feel like I'm wasting his time. He makes me feel very nervous and anxious and I really don't like talking to him.
Could you answer these few further questions I have please. Can I request his support by contacting him by mail or is there a process of requesting help through his secretary and what can I do if he refuses my request
Many tanks.
Ray

Hi rc,

You could try approaching one of the other G.P.'s in the practice, if there is one.

You could draw attention to the fact that you have previously received a letter of support from one of the practice G.P.'s for an ESA Home Assessment, and ask them why they would not be prepared to provide one for a PIP Home Assessment if they refuse.

You could make your request in the form of a letter, addressed FAO : The Practice Manager.

I am afraid that if they point blank refuse, there is little that you can do.

G.P.'s are not contractually obliged to provide letters of support/reports for their patients even if they offer to pay.

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago #137900 by sharon
Replied by sharon on topic Getting a home assessment from Atos
I had atos home assessment couple of wks ago, i suffer with agoraphobia and severe anxiety. my gp wote me a letter stating that, i would be unable to attend the dwp because of this, i did send the letter with my qustionaire, my daughter who is my carer, also wrote a note on this.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137919 by ray charles
Thanks for the advice bro, it's much appreciated, I'll let you know how I get on,

Many thanks.
ray!

More
8 years 9 months ago #137920 by ray charles
Thanks for your advice Sharon. I hope I can get the same help from my GP.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137929 by

bro58 wrote:

ray charles wrote: OK thanks bro. My last doctor was very supportive and helped me get a home visit for ESA but, unfortunately, he is no longer at the practice. I'm a bit apprehensive about approaching the doctor who treats me now as he doesn't know me too well and doesn't have such a sympathetic manner as my old doctor. On many occasions I have needed telephone consultations with him, as I have not been able to physically get to his practice, and he has been very abrupt with me and told me that I must come to his surgery for any treatment or referrals etc. Obviously I couldn't do this and so was left untreated. On occasions when I have been able to attend his surgery he has always made me feel like I'm wasting his time. He makes me feel very nervous and anxious and I really don't like talking to him.
Many tanks.
Ray

Hi rc,

You could try approaching one of the other G.P.'s in the practice, if there is one.

You could draw attention to the fact that you have previously received a letter of support from one of the practice G.P.'s for an ESA Home Assessment, and ask them why they would not be prepared to provide one for a PIP Home Assessment if they refuse.

You could make your request in the form of a letter, addressed FAO : The Practice Manager.

I am afraid that if they point blank refuse, there is little that you can do.

G.P.'s are not contractually obliged to provide letters of support/reports for their patients even if they offer to pay.

bro58

Hi rc,

Don't get sidetracked by the fact that your previous letter of support was pertaining to you not being able to attend an ESA face to face Assessment at an Assessment Centre, whilst you need this letter to support the fact that you are unable to attend a PIP face to face Assessment at a PIP Consultation Centre.

The common factor is that you are unable to attend an Assessment/Consultation Centre, whether it be for ESA or PIP and therefore need a Home Assessment.

The previous letter that you received for ESA should still be on your G.P. records.

If the limitations that you suffer as a result of the medical conditions have not diminished/improved since the date of that letter, there is no reason why your G.P. practice cannot simply make that letter applicable to a PIP face to face at a PIP Consultation Centre and change the date to make it current.

Failing that, if you have a copy of it, you could use the previous ESA letter as evidence that you need a PIP Home Assessment, stating that your limitations have not changed since the time of that letter.

Hope this helps !!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.