× Members

Restricted-Medical ESA113

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137574 by cats6
Restricted-Medical ESA113 was created by cats6
Are these GP's paid/given a fee to fill in and return ESA113.

And if they do fill out these forms But have never met the patient And /Or the patients medical records are littered with gaps and inaccuracies, would the GP be breaking some kind of practice code, rules, regulations by doing so.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137587 by
Replied by on topic Restricted-Medical ESA113

cats6 wrote: Are these GP's paid/given a fee to fill in and return ESA113.

And if they do fill out these forms But have never met the patient And /Or the patients medical records are littered with gaps and inaccuracies, would the GP be breaking some kind of practice code, rules, regulations by doing so.

Hi c6,

Yes, G.P.'s are paid for filling in and returning forms for The DWP such as : The ESA 113 Questionnaire

They are "supposedly" contractually obliged to do so, even though data on the net points to the fact that they only fill in an return them in around a quarter of cases.

Further, The DWP/Maximus are not legally bound to issue one, and according to the same data only do so for around a quarter of ESA claimants.

So potentially that means that ESA 113 Questionnaires are only filled in and returned for around one sixteenth of all ESA claimants. (a quarter of a quarter)

See also : G.P.’s Completing Medical Reports for DWP

I believe, and don't hold me to this that G.P.'s receive around £15 for an ESA 113.

GP's will be paid £33.50 for filling in and returning a : PIP G.P. Factual Report (PIP GPFR)

As you may know, G.P.'s are not contractually obliged to provide letter of support or reports for their patients, even if the patient offers to pay.

I doubt very much that G.P.'s could be held to account for breaking some kind of practice code, rules, regulations, as you suggest.

Although, you could challenge them if they provided errant or inaccurate information.

I believe that in a scenario where the patient is new or they do not hold a great deal of detail on the patient, that they simply state this in The ESA 113.

In a situation where you may be expecting your G.P. to receive an ESA 113, or another GPFR, you could discuss this with them before the event and request that they contact you for your input if they do receive one.

When an ESA 113 or GPFR is sent to a G.P., this is classed as requesting Further Medical Evidence. (FME)

bro58

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137988 by cats6
Replied by cats6 on topic Restricted-Medical ESA113

"Although, you could challenge them if they provided errant or inaccurate information.

I believe that in a scenario where the patient is new or they do not hold a great deal of detail on the patient, that they simply state this in The ESA 113."

Its important for others to know they are not alone and to boost their confidence when having to challenge blatant inaccuracies, and when there are damming reports to the DWP submitted by these "so called educated" people all is not lost regarding a benefits claim

My situation,, over 15 years of medical records wiped out, poof!! vanished into thin air, An ESA113 Filled in behind my back in October by a GP who started in September who i then met the following March.

At least now i know a major reason which was one factor for such a limited prognosis.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.