× Members

PIP Paper Based Assessment

More
8 years 9 months ago #137679 by DJONH
PIP Paper Based Assessment was created by DJONH
Hi everyone

ATOS told me, over the phone, that I could have a paper based assessment for PIP as I couldn't cope with the medical or a home visit. Several weeks later, they have sent me another appointment and haven't been in touch with my medical team.

I have no idea what to do now, I still can't cope with a face to face meeting due to a serious mental health condition.

Any suggestions? I'm tempted to abandon the claim, but the money would be a big help to me at the moment. Should I complain? How would I do that? Are there other options?

Thanks in advance....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137695 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Paper Based Assessment
Djonh

I'm afraid there are really no options available to you. if the Assessment Provider (AP), ATOS in your case, believes that an assessment is required then there is no way for your claim to progress without one being done.

Unfortunately the AP is under no obligation to contact your GP, even in this situation.

Was your request supported by a GP letter? If not them this may still be a way to avoid the interview, but it more usually results in a Home Assessment which from your post is not acceptable either.

You can try contacting your MP, it is possible that they may be able to help, but it may not be to your advantage, an assessment should only be booked if the AP is unable to make a recommendation on an award without seeing the claimant, pushing it through may mean that they have no choice but to make a lower award than you deserve or even no award at all.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137706 by DJONH
Replied by DJONH on topic PIP Paper Based Assessment
Thanks Gordon, I think I'll have to close the claim. They told me that they would do a paper based assessment and phone my CPN for some further information - in the end they did neither. Typical ATOS I suppose. :(

More
8 years 9 months ago #137708 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Paper Based Assessment

Djonh wrote: Thanks Gordon, I think I'll have to close the claim. They told me that they would do a paper based assessment and phone my CPN for some further information - in the end they did neither. Typical ATOS I suppose. :(

Could you manage a home assessment if you had someone you trusted with you?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 9 months ago #137712 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic PIP Paper Based Assessment
Any future contact by phone with them get the name of the person and record the call yourself, ask them to confirm in writing too.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.