× Members

Can you get an extension to fill out pip forms?

• Spring pony
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago #137758 by Spring pony
I am applying as my daughters appointee. I never heard from pip after the initial phone call
I waited the 3 weeks as advised and phoned. Was told they would resend the forms.
I have until the 15th July to get the forms back. Unfortunately I have been a tad ill, I have quite a large ovarian cyst and I'm awaiting surgery. This has put everything behind and now I'm terribly worried I won't get them in on time. Plus. I'm struggling with the forms even with the guides.
Can I ask for a few more days to complete them or is that a big no?
Many thanks.
SP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137776 by Gordon

Spring pony wrote: I am applying as my daughters appointee. I never heard from pip after the initial phone call
I waited the 3 weeks as advised and phoned. Was told they would resend the forms.
I have until the 15th July to get the forms back. Unfortunately I have been a tad ill, I have quite a large ovarian cyst and I'm awaiting surgery. This has put everything behind and now I'm terribly worried I won't get them in on time. Plus. I'm struggling with the forms even with the guides.
Can I ask for a few more days to complete them or is that a big no?
Many thanks.
SP

Phone the DWP, the number should be on the letter that came with the PIP2 form, they can give you a further two weeks to complete the form, but it is at their discretion whether to do so or not.

If they do not give you an extension then our advise is to ensure that the form is with the DWP by the required date even if it is incomplete, failing to do so can result in your daughter's claim being closed. You should make it clear on the form that it is incomplete and that you will send further information as soon as you are able.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Spring pony
  • Topic Author
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137826 by Spring pony
Replied by Spring pony on topic Can you get an extension to fill out pip forms?
Thank you very much for your reply. I shall do my very best to get it in the post by Monday. Will it be enough to post special delivery on Monday as that will guarantee next day delivery.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago #137835 by bro58

Spring pony wrote: Thank you very much for your reply. I shall do my very best to get it in the post by Monday. Will it be enough to post special delivery on Monday as that will guarantee next day delivery.

Hi Sp,

As it seems that it has to be returned to arrive no later than close of business on Wednesday 15/07/15., posting it Monday by Special Next Day delivery should be fine.

If you are going to post further evidence on to them, keep a note of the return address, and when you send the extra evidence, use the same address and include a covering letter stating that you wish this extra evidence to be taken into account along with the PIP 2 Form that they already have.

Sending Documents to the DWP, ATOS or Capita.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.