× Members

Thank You

More
8 years 9 months ago #137777 by tiff
Thank You was created by tiff
Hi I have been on PIP lower rate for 18 months now. I went for a update on my condition the other day. The women who was interviewing me asked if I was the same has I had been in the 1st assessment my answer was NO I am a lot worse now. She asked if my medication had change in 18 months I replayed yes and told her my pain killers had changed. She said well its pointless going through every thing again because there are A.B.C. you are on B @ the moment and for anybody to get to the next level they have to have no legs ?????????
I told her that I am a lot worse then before and she said it doesn't matter.
She said she would advise them I should receive the lower mobility rate. I questioned this by telling her I can hardly walk 10 yards @ the moment and I have to use a walking stick, in and out of my house @ all times, I cannot use public transport and now I have arthritic conditions in my R / knee and lower back. She said to get the higher rate of mobility which will you the use of a car you now need to be only able to move using a wheelchair. She said all the PIP assessments are changing ! BUT I cant find anywhere on the net that is agreeing with her statement.... Can anybody out there give me so advise PLEASE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137784 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Thank You
Tiff

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Can I ask you to not post on the back of other members posts as it can cause confusion regarding the advice being given.

W are not aware of any changes to the PIP system that are about to be made, but this would be irrelevant as you should be assessed using the criteria that were in effect on the day that your PIP2 form was issued.

Regarding the assessment in general, from your post the assessor did not behave in a professional manner and failed to carry out an adequate assessment, so you might want o consider a complaint.

ATOS complaints
www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

I'm afraid you will need to wait until a Decision is made before you can take any further action, but in the interim you might want to have a look at our PIP Appeal guide and our PIP Claim Guide, both on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.