× Members

ESA

More
8 years 9 months ago #137805 by sixtysix
ESA was created by sixtysix
I have just received my Capability for work form. I feel overwhelmed and frightened by it. Also in the letter I was sent warning me that I was being moved from Income Support to ESA they said they would phone me .But two weeks later and I have not got a call. Feeling scared.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #137817 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

sixtysix wrote: I have just received my Capability for work form. I feel overwhelmed and frightened by it. Also in the letter I was sent warning me that I was being moved from Income Support to ESA they said they would phone me .But two weeks later and I have not got a call. Feeling scared.

I've moved your post to it's own topic to avoid confusing you and the owner of the original one as to the advice being given.

The phone call serves two functions, first to confirm that you have received the letter and to see whether you have any questions about the process, so it is not vital that you received it , although if you do have questions you can phone the DWP, there should be a number on the letter.

I'm afraid that the ESA50 can appear to be a daunting document, my advice is to tackle it question by question doing a little each day, just make sure that you plan your activity to make sure that it is returned to the DWP by the required date.

You should have a look at our ESA Claim guides that explain the questions you are being asked on the ESA50 in detail and offer a strategy for answering them based on your conditions and limitations. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have any questions about the process or the criteria, then reply to this post and we will do our best to help you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sixtysix

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.