× Members

IR/ESA HELP WITH FINANCES

More
8 years 9 months ago #138080 by jmach
Replied by jmach on topic PIP OR SUPPORT GROUP
Could you please just advice me which benefit you think I would be better off applying for when my ESA CB stops next month. I have requested from my job centre the forms for the support group but haven't received them yet .
You mentioned the PIP which I didn't know anything about till I read your forum ,I took your test and wondered if that would be a better option in my position .Do I write and request a form to fill in for that please or can any be downloaded so I can make a start !
Many thanks for all your expert help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #138097 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP OR SUPPORT GROUP

jmach wrote: Could you please just advice me which benefit you think I would be better off applying for when my ESA CB stops next month. I have requested from my job centre the forms for the support group but haven't received them yet .
You mentioned the PIP which I didn't know anything about till I read your forum ,I took your test and wondered if that would be a better option in my position .Do I write and request a form to fill in for that please or can any be downloaded so I can make a start !
Many thanks for all your expert help

PIP and ESA are separate benefits, there is no reason why you cannot apply for both if you believe that you meet the criteria, although you might want to consider the logistics of having to manage both forms at the same time.

Have a look at the guides in the ESA section on how to make a new claim

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

and the PIP Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.