× Members

Carers Credit

More
8 years 10 months ago #137866 by weymouth321
Carers Credit was created by weymouth321
I have RA and claim ESA I/R , in the Wrag Group and claim DLA low rate care. Our mother has Alzheimers - mixed dementia. I share the care with my sister`s boyfriend. I tried 35 hours one week and was totally exhausted. The Jobcentre Disability Advisor know about Mum and how I share the care of her. They want me to start work experience. I have chosen to do tjhis at a local drop-in centre where the hours I do can be flexible. As I dont wish Mum to go into a home. My question is can I apply for Carer`s Credit - 20 hours per week. I know I wont be paid for this . I have also worked full time all my life and have a full national insurance stamp. Am I still obliged to : attend the WFI`S and do the work experience as well ? I have told the Disability Advisor that Mum must come first. I feel very strongly about this and dont wish to regret not being there for Mum. I realise the day will come when she may have to go into a home. I dont want the DWP dictating to me. I wake up every morning for many months now with stomach pains- am told this is stress related. But hey-hoe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Credit

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris