× Members

Carers Credit

More
8 years 9 months ago #137866 by weymouth321
Carers Credit was created by weymouth321
I have RA and claim ESA I/R , in the Wrag Group and claim DLA low rate care. Our mother has Alzheimers - mixed dementia. I share the care with my sister`s boyfriend. I tried 35 hours one week and was totally exhausted. The Jobcentre Disability Advisor know about Mum and how I share the care of her. They want me to start work experience. I have chosen to do tjhis at a local drop-in centre where the hours I do can be flexible. As I dont wish Mum to go into a home. My question is can I apply for Carer`s Credit - 20 hours per week. I know I wont be paid for this . I have also worked full time all my life and have a full national insurance stamp. Am I still obliged to : attend the WFI`S and do the work experience as well ? I have told the Disability Advisor that Mum must come first. I feel very strongly about this and dont wish to regret not being there for Mum. I realise the day will come when she may have to go into a home. I dont want the DWP dictating to me. I wake up every morning for many months now with stomach pains- am told this is stress related. But hey-hoe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137874 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Credit

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.