× Members

SSP to ESA or JSA

More
8 years 9 months ago #137871 by mitchped
SSP to ESA or JSA was created by mitchped
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me,

I was receiving SSP until the end of June a total of (16 weeks) I have now been sacked due to ill health and not knowing when I can return to work currently awaiting MRI results.
I had only been working from November until end of February, then I was off.

The company knew I had Back problems and that I was classed as disabled when they employed me as well as depression and ibs.
I had been receiving ESA until September last year but 365 days had passed, I went to work as I had no choice and am now alot worse than before doing so.

now due to the rules national insurance contributions and tax I didn't pay the 2 years needed, but I got basic SSP, so will I qualify for anything again?

on your ESA test i should be in the support group due to bowel problems but does any of this matter if the contributions have not been made?

I hope this is not to confusing and someone can give me some advice?

anything is greatly appreciated.
I cant claim JSA as I cannot work.

Kind Regards
Michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137881 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SSP to ESA or JSA
Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Although you are no longer entitled to ESA payments, you still technically have an open ESA claim and you are receiving NI Credits that count towards a full state pension.

Have you checked whether you are eligible for Income Related ESA, eligibility for ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, assets and savings and any hours that a partner works.

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are eligible then your ESA payments will be re-instated and you should receive back pay from the day after your ESA(CB) stopped.

If you can show that your conditions have deteriorated or that you have a new one that would qualify you for the Support Group, you can ask to be re-assessed on this basis, you will need to complete a new ESA50 and likely have to attend a new face to face assessment. You won't be paid while the DWP re-assess you (unless you can receive ESAIR)), but if placed in the SG then your ESA(CB) should be re-instated from the date of your letter and will remain in payment as long as you remain in the SG.

Finally and you need to be cautious about this, if you can re-meet the ESA Contribution Conditions you can make a new claim for ESA(CB) based on the Tax Years 2012-13 and 2013-14. You need to be certain that you can meet the Conditions as you may be required to close your current ESA claim and will lose any rights associated with it as a result. If you are placed in the WRAG then you will have a further 365 days of payment, if you are placed in the SG then you will receive ESA(CB) and will have a further 365 days if placed in the WRAG.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.